Vinyl Boat Lettering Application & Installation
You will need the following:
Acetone or Ammonia, Rapid Tac Installation Spray Liquid, and a Squeegee (supplied)
Application should not be attempted if temperature is below 55° Fahrenheit. This should not be attempted on a windy day.
All surfaces must be cleaned using Acetone or Ammonia to remove all wax or rubbing compound.
1. Once area has been cleaned use the Rapid Tac Spray (shake well before use) and generously spray the area where the lettering is to be applied. Do not wipe off this solution.
2. Place the lettering face down on a clean, flat surface. Peel away the protective wax paper backing. The lettering will remain adhered to the application tape with the sticky side of the lettering now exposed. Be very careful not to allow the lettering to flip over onto itself as this will cause your sign to be damaged. (This should not be attempted on a windy day). Generously spray the sticky side of the lettering with the Rapid Tac spray this will stop the lettering from sticking.
3. While the area is still wet, place the lettering in the desired location. The Rapid Tac spray will allow you to move the lettering around until you get it into place.
4. Starting from the center, using the squeegee provided, gently rub the lettering from the center out and in all directions. Continue to squeegee until all liquid and air is removed from underneath lettering.
5. Wait 1 minute and spray the Rapid Tac over the application tape and squeegee again. Allow lettering to dry completely (approx. 30 minutes).
6. Slowly peel off the translucent application tape starting from the upper corner and pull down at a angle. The vinyl lettering will stay adhered to the surface. Note: If the lettering is not sticking to surface, repeat the squeegee process and let dry longer.
*Easy-Off oven cleaner removes old painted letters, followed by white vinegar to remove any yellowing.
*Heat gun and a rubber scraper removes old vinyl letters.
*Any leftover air bubbles may be remedied by exposure to the sun, and if not they can be popped with a pin.
For more information about the installation process for our custom vinyl graphics, please contact us today. When you reach out, we will happily answer any questions you may have about our boat signs, decals and lettering.